The Cottage was built in 1908 as house for the headmistress of the English school, which lay down to the water. The house is a true copy of the original house in England of Miss Verey Lizi Jackson, which had the sad fate, that it had to be demolished because the house was haunted.
Later The Cottage was bought of that which at that time was called Privatbanken, intended as holiday house for their employees. It was not until 1970, that The Cottage was made into an inn/hotel.
At that time with 6 rooms and all with joint toilet and bath.
In 1988 The Cottage was extended into the present 16 rooms, where all rooms were equipped with bath/toilet, television and entrance to the gardens.
In 2008 there was made a nice 12 holes midget golf course, where the children or grandchildren have the opportunity to challenge the adults.